Chad

Default Insert Auto Text

I am creating a document that will have several sections and I formatted my
page numbers so that each section restarts it's page numbering. What I want
to do is insert auto text in front of the page numbers so that the title of
each section is displayed; however, I am not including the title in the
header so I am unable to use the insert page number format options (as far as
I have tried). How can I add this custom auto text?

Margaret Aldis

Hi Chad

If I understand what you are aiming at correctly, you can do it with a
STYLEREF field in front of the page number.

First, you need to make sure that each section title (and no other text) is
formatted in a particular style - for instance, "Heading 1". Then you enter
the STYLEREF field (Insert Field) and select that stylename from the list.
What this will do is pick up the text of the latest paragraph using that
style. (Full info in the Word Help for STYLEREF)

--
Margaret Aldis - Microsoft Word MVP