Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
JVMartin JVMartin is offline

Default "Draft" Watermark

I have a document from another person and it has a "Draft" Watermark. The
problem is that when I go to format, background, watermark - its not there.
So I thought maybe it would be in Header/ Footer, but its not there either.
How else could someone have added a watermark?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Are you sure it is a watermark? Does it appear on only one page, or on
all pages? Try this in Word 2003 or earlier:

Display the Drawing toolbar (click on View | Toolbars | Drawing). On
the Drawing toolbar, click on the Select Objects tool (that's the big
white arrow near the left end of the Drawing toolbar). Then click on
the "watermark". If the "watermark" is now selected, press the Delete
key to delete it. Click on the Select Objects tool again to turn it
off, or else you won't be able to select text normally with the mouse.