Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] andy.cotgreave@gmail.com is offline

Default IncludePicture - fields rendering when I save the source document

Hi,
I'm trying to fix a mailmerge INCLUDEPICTURE problem.

My data source contains the filename (eg "bhc.gif") and all files are
in a folder on our server ("P:\Events\Company logos for booklets").

I can create a merge field which can merge to a new document just
fine. However, once I save the source document, the merge field
changes!

For example, I start off with:
{ INCLUDEPICTURE "{ DOCVARIABLE "MyPath" }{MERGEFIELD
"ProductPhotoReceived" }" }

I merge to a new document, update the links and hey, presto - images
are all fine.

I go back to the source document, click save, and the merge field
changes to:
{ INCLUDEPICTURE "../../../Events/Company%20logos%20for%20booklets/
Holloway%20White%20Allom.jpg" \* MERGEFORMAT }

This effectively breaks the mergefield, and creating a new merge
document doesn't merge correctly.

Why is Word changing my fields?

Thanks in advance
Andy