Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
becder becder is offline

Default sort by second word

Word 2007 - I have a table typed with first and last names in one cell. This
needs to be alphabetized. According to an SBarnhill reply post I should click
on the Option button, place a space in the Separate fields at-Other box, then
I should get a Word 1 and Word 2. I have done this before successfully,
however I don't seem to be able to get Word 1 and 2 to show up now. Any
thoughts as to what I am doing wrong. I get this whether I select my
rows/columns or not. Thanks, Becky

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
becder becder is offline

Got it! I was selecting the Column2 to sort by first, then going to Options.
I should have gone straight to Options, clicked Other, added the space, OK,
THEN gone to the Sort by - which now contains Word 1 Word 2...

I should have just kept plugging away at it... If you play the same record
you get the same song... Thanks for all the help I would have gotten anyway.

"becder" wrote:

Word 2007 - I have a table typed with first and last names in one cell. This
needs to be alphabetized. According to an SBarnhill reply post I should click
on the Option button, place a space in the Separate fields at-Other box, then
I should get a Word 1 and Word 2. I have done this before successfully,
however I don't seem to be able to get Word 1 and 2 to show up now. Any
thoughts as to what I am doing wrong. I get this whether I select my
rows/columns or not. Thanks, Becky

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
becder becder is offline

So, what is the deal with this? After I *found* my answer, then once again, I
could not recreate this scenario. I was able to have Word 1 and Word 2 show
up in the "using" field. Go figure. But then couldn't even recreate that
scenario with accuracy. I wish there was a concrete answer for this. Surely,
there is...

Thanks Suzanne, for helping not think I am just plain crazy. -becky