Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Alex Hammerstein Alex Hammerstein is offline

Default Mail merge formatting numbers

Hi

Within a mail merge I am trying to limit a number to a whole number. The
data is showing as a whole number in the datasource with the properties
shown as Fixed no places of decimal.

The data in the mail merge is running to umpteen places of decimal. I have
tried adding the switch \### but that is not working.

Can someone help me please

Many thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Alex,

In Word:
.. select the field;
.. press Ctrl-F9 to reveal the field coding. It should look something like {MERGEFIELD MyData};
.. edit the field so that you get {MERGEFIELD MyData \# 0};
.. position the cursor anywhere in this field and press F9 to update it;
.. run your mailmerge.

Note: the precision of the displayed value is controilled by the '0.00'. You can use anything from '0' to '0.000000000000000'.

If you add a final ';' to the formatting switch (eg \# 0;-0 zero values will be suppressed. This suppresses 0s resulting from
empty fields and from fields containing 0s.

--
Cheers
macropod