Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MBennett MBennett is offline

Default Footnotes in a chapter that will need to restart within chapter

I am working on a book with Chapters that will have cases that require me to
start renumbering within the chapter. I will have custom footnotes within.
I have put continuous page breaks to pick up the numbering after the case,
but when I try to pick up the footnote numbering it either starts at one or
if I try to put the number say "39" to pick up on the numbering it includes
the custom numbers, if I add two footnotes it changes it to "41". What can I
do to fix this? Also, I am having problems with the continuous break
sometimes acting as a new page break, because Word does not like to have
footnotes restarting on the same page. Any advice would be very much
appreciated. I have looked online and have not found a similar situation.
Thanks in advance.