Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Eric Eric is offline

Default Change font or increase size of spellcheck box

I'm working on a laptop, and the text in the spellcheck box is a little
smaller than I can read comfortably. Is it possible to enlarge it?

I'm using Word 2003.

Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

No - it is written in stone. Your choices are to reduce the resolution of
your display adapter to something that is more visible, or use the Windows
accessibility options to magnify the text.

Eric wrote:
I'm working on a laptop, and the text in the spellcheck box is a
little smaller than I can read comfortably. Is it possible to enlarge
it?

I'm using Word 2003.

Thanks.

Steve Reilly Steve Reilly is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
I'm working on a laptop, and the text in the spellcheck box is a little
smaller than I can read comfortably. Is it possible to enlarge it?

I'm using Word 2003.

Thanks.
Try this. Go to: Display, Settings, Advanced, it will show a DPI Setting box which has three settings available: Normal at 96dpi, Large at 120dpi and Custom where you can set it to anything you want. It seems to work. In my Word search box now the text is bigger, in email and in Quickbooks the lines are fatter with larger text. The only trade off appears to be that you can’t see as much info on the screen but that doesn’t bother me. However it doesn’t appear to go “off the sides” which would be a pain, only vertical. If you set the DPI too large iTunes shows text that is too big to fit in the allocated boxes (such as the search box and the album name area) and the letters appear truncated. And in Picture Manager the photo numbers are cut short. Adjust the settings to suit.
Steve Reilly