Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
grossmanhm grossmanhm is offline

Default store acronyms in the word dictionary so they are not spell-checke

I often prepare government documents and as a rule acronyms are part of the
language... E.g., DoD is one that is used all of the time.

The question is how to stop Word (2003) from always flagging this acronym as
a spelling error. I've tried saving the acronym in the dictionary but this
has not helped. Moreover, Word always tries to capitalize DoD to: DOD... and
this is not what is required.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JERRY JERRY is offline

I think the problem is that Word is not seeing this as a spelling error at
all. I think it's seeing it as a capitalization error. Check your
AutoCorrect options and see if one of the capitalization options will fix the
problem.