Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Elmo Elmo is offline

Default Opening email Word attachments in Outlook

When I open Word email attachments they always open in some bizarre layout
and I have to convert them in "Print Layout". Even when I do this and then
Re-save the document and re-open it, it re-opens in the same bizarre
multi-page layout.
I have checked my parameters and can't seem to find out how to make my Print
Layout the default layout for any word attachments......can anyone suggest
what I can do? thanks, Garry
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

The easiest way to avoid the problem is to not open attachments directly
from Outlook. Instead, save to your hard drive and open from there.

Alternatively, in Word 2003 click on Tools | Options | General tab |
uncheck the "Allow starting in Reading Layout" box | OK, or in Word 2007
click on Office Button | Popular | uncheck the "Open e-mail attachments
in Full Screen Reading view" box | OK.