Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terry T.

Default how to purge reviewers names from document?

I use Track Changes often, and appreciate the way that Word keeps a list of
the reviewers for me. However, there are times I want to start fresh and
create a new document from one that I have worked on in the past, but I do
not want to carry over the reviewers names. If I "accept all changes" in the
document, then all the reviewers names are removed, except one. I would like
to purge all and start with a clean slate.
In other words, on the formatting toolbar, I want to be able to click
"Show", then point to "Reviewers" and not see any names listed.
Is this possible?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VGVycnkgVC4=?=,

I use Track Changes often, and appreciate the way that Word keeps a list of
the reviewers for me. However, there are times I want to start fresh and
create a new document from one that I have worked on in the past, but I do
not want to carry over the reviewers names. If I "accept all changes" in the
document, then all the reviewers names are removed, except one. I would like
to purge all and start with a clean slate.
In other words, on the formatting toolbar, I want to be able to click
"Show", then point to "Reviewers" and not see any names listed.
Is this possible?

depends on the version of Word that you have, which you unfortunately don't
mention.

There's a tool to remove "private information" on the Microsoft website that
will work with some versions of Word. And Word 2003 has an option that will do
this in Tools/Options/Save.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The Word 2003 option is "Remove personal information from file properties on
save," and it's on the Security tab of Tools | Options. The tool Cindy
mentioned is the RemoveHiddenData utility (for Word 2002 and 2003 only); see

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote in message
Hi ?B?VGVycnkgVC4=?=,

[...]

reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Terry T.

I am using Word 2003, and am very happy to learn this information - it worked
like a charm.
Thank you very much!