Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mountaingirl53

Default WHAT is this?

Hi, All!

Was editing my home phone list this morning and all of a sudden the whole
thing is full of what looks like little circles with a big X behind them.
The net effect is what looks like a little sunburst. Anybody know how I got
those to show up and what they are and how to get rid of them?

I can send a picture on request or post it online if nobody knows what I'm
talking about ...

Thanks!

Mountaingirl53
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

In your toolbar is a button with ¶ on it. Click on it.

(It turns on and off your nonprinting characters. I can't work without
them - others can't work with them.)

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Mountaingirl53" wrote in message
Hi, All!

Was editing my home phone list this morning and all of a sudden the whole
thing is full of what looks like little circles with a big X behind them.
The net effect is what looks like a little sunburst. Anybody know how I
got
those to show up and what they are and how to get rid of them?

I can send a picture on request or post it online if nobody knows what I'm
talking about ...

Thanks!

Mountaingirl53

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mountaingirl53

Default THANK YOU!!!

JoAnn:

That was it! Thank you so much! I was going crazy trying to figure out
what that was.

Mountaingirl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules [MVP]

Once you get used to them, you find that they are fantastic. You can easily
tell why a sentence breaks at a weird point in a document, why it prints a
blank second page, and many other weird layout issues.