Andrée

Default Opening a Word doc from IE

There must be a setting in IE that allows you to configure it to open the
Word program in a separate window when clicking on a link to a Word document.
It used to work that way before I got a new laptop. I have IE 6 and Office
2003. All my colleagues have it working correctly but we cannot find the
setting that is different for me.

Thanks,

Andrée
Beth Melton

Open an Exploring window, such as My Computer, and go to Tools/Folder
Options. On the File Types tab locate "Word Documents", modify the
file type, and make sure "Browse in same window" is not selected.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/