Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
catsnewwife

Default Can I send a word document to a fax machine?

We don't have a fax machine, but have high speed internet. Can I send a
document to my sisters fax machine from a word document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Do you have a fax modem installed? If so you can install Windows Fax -
otherwise you will have to use one of the on-line fax services to send your
message. If you don't have a fax modem in the PC, you can buy a USB modem
for a few pounds/dollars.

catsnewwife wrote:
We don't have a fax machine, but have high speed internet. Can I
send a document to my sisters fax machine from a word document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
AskTheComputerGy AskTheComputerGy is offline

You can save it to the My Documents file. Then attach it to an email. If
she does not have your version or all of your fonts then it will be altered
on her computer when she opens it. Also, if you set up Microsoft Fax on your
computer and have a phone line hooked into your modem, you can send anything
from your computer that you can hit Print for. Select print and choose the
fax driver as the printer. When she is receiving she must have her machine
set to accept incoming faxes. There aare other factors, Do you have a fax
modem? does she? If you have problems call me 317-716-2212 or go to
wittydesigns.com. Your internet conection will not be a factor in any of ths
type of conection. It is expensive to hire an internet fax company. You can
do that if you want. Just search Internet Fax in your search engine. I dont
recommend this option unless you are going to send a bunch.