radtech49

Default Can I send a fax in office professional 2000 without fax software

Peter Jamieson

If you are using Windows 2000 or later and you have a faxmodem, you should
be able to enable the fax facilities that come with Windows and send a fax
that way, using Word File|Send to...|fax recipient (or some such).

However, the fax facilities are not necessarily installed by default - if
you do not see any fax-related items in e.g.
Start|Programs|Accessories|Communications then have a look at Control
Panel|Add/or Remove programs|Add/Remove Windows components.

If you are trying to send a fax via an Internet service, things are
different. First, you need to find a service provider. But I don't think
Word /2000/ has built-in facilities to do it, so I would guess it depends on
exactly how the service provider has implemented their service - i.e. if you
can print to their service, or if you have Outlook and can send a message
with an attachment to their service, you may be able to do it.

If you want to /merge/ to fax, see

http://www.tips.pjmsn.me.uk/t0001.htm

Peter Jamieson