Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dr Bob UNH Dr Bob UNH is offline

Default word and tablet pc

I have a gateway tablet pc and I am using Office 2003. When I am using the
pen to insert text into word, when I click on insert, nothing gets inserted.
If I am using Excel or PowerPoint and try to insert text with the pen, the
insert works just fine.

While in word if I am using the keyboard with the pen, the text is inserted
correctly.

So does anyone have a suggestion as to what I am doing wrong? Do I need to
change a setting in Word or what.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Howard Cross Howard Cross is offline

Hi Dr Bob,

It works fine on my X41. One thing I noticed this week is that I hit the
close button by accident a couple of times and had to re-enter everything in
the paragraph that I had corrected and was ready to enter. That was
frustrating.

You might think about selecting from the help menu and doing a detect and
repair and if that still doesn't work, you may want to try a reinstall. If
this doesn't resolve it, you may want to contact your OEM tech-support.

I honestly don't know enough to give you a definitive 'correct' answer and
I'm only guessing and telling you what I would do next in the absence of a
good answer. You might post this question over in the tabletpc newsgroup...

--
howard

"Action is the foundational key to all success."

- Pablo Picasso