SF

Default Can I make one Style with two different kinds of paragraphs?

Hi, I posted this under the Subject title "Styles" an hour ago, but it got
placed into an existing conversation of the same subject title way down the
list here.
I am re-posting with a new Subject title.

I have 53 chapter subheadings in my novel and I'd like to know if there is a
way to assign them one special style.

The problem is that the subheadings consist of two different styles,
themselves. i.e.:

Chapter Fifteen

Los Angeles
10:30 p.m.

The first subheading is the name of a city (they differ).
Then the second subheading is a time stamp (they also differ).

I want to italicize the name of the city
Then make the time stamp regular type.
Also I need to have a space of 48 before the city
and a space of 32 under the time,
with a regular double space between them.

Is it possible to define a single style to do this?

If not, how would you handle this?

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Define two styles, one for the time stamp first, and then one for the city
and when defining the one for the city, set it to be followed by the time
stamp style.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"SF" nospam@@@nospam wrote in message
[...]

Jay Freedman

On Sun, 30 Oct 2005 08:55:44 -0800, "SF" nospam@@@nospam wrote:

[...]

No, one style contains one set of font and spacing information. You
will need two different styles.

After you have defined the two styles -- let's say you name them
Subhead1 and Subhead2 -- with the font and spacing that you want for
each, then modify the definition of Subhead1 and tell it that the
"Style for following paragraph" is Subhead2. See
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/styl...ifyAStyle.html.

After that definition is in place, whenever you apply Subhead1 to a
paragraph and then hit Enter at the end of the line, the next
paragraph will automatically have Subhead2 applied to it.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
SF

Thank you, both, Doug and Jay.
That is just what I needed to get me on track.

Appreciate your help.