IF Conditional Form Field - Possible?

Old July 2nd 12, 04:39 AM
Piyush Jain Piyush Jain is offline

Default IF Conditional Form Field - Possible?

Greeting Everyone,

I have a document with multiple Legacy Form Elements.
I am using this form for capturing multiple information about an employee.
I am mostly using Text Form Field in Legacy Form Elements.
Pressing Alt+F9 gives me the view for conditional elements. whereas Ctrl+F9 gives me a {} element for IF Conditional statements which could be used for conditional statements.

Query :
If the employee is above 24 years of age he should get an option to enter his Pan card number (via Text Form Field) if not then this field would be hidden.

Status till now :
{If{age}"18""Age is greater then 18"}
PS: age is the bookmark

This works fine but i want a form text field keyed in instead of "Age is greater then 18"

Can anyone work this out for me.. ?
Old July 2nd 12, 01:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

One tip that may be helpful is that IF fields in forms require REF fields to
reference form field bookmarks. So you might use something like this:

{ IF { REF age } 18 "" "{ FORMTEXT }" }

where { FORMTEXT } is your text form field.

http://word.mvps.org

--
Piyush Jain