Removing specific page numbers

Old June 4th 12, 08:00 AM
Chris Holdaway Chris Holdaway is offline

Default Removing specific page numbers

I have a complex situation with a 50 page document formatted for printing a trade paperback with CreateSpace.

The following pages need to have the page number supressed:
1-4, 6, 9-11, 14-15, 18-19, 22-23, 27, 30-31, 36-37, 40-41, 44-45, 50

I've been reading a lot about two methods:
1) using section breaks
2) IF commands

I can't seem to use section breaks. Because of the extra page space needed for binding, odd numbered pages have a larger margin on the left-hand-side, and even numbered pages have a larger margin on the right-hand-side. If I use section breaks, this gets messed up.

Using IF commands in the footer was too complex, given that my list of pages is highly irregular. I couldn't figure it out.

Any help would be good.
Old June 4th 12, 02:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

I can't see why adding section breaks would affect mirror margins at all. If
you use an Odd Page Break, of course, you may find that Word has inserted a
blank even page. If you have Different First Page enabled, then each section
will start with the First Page Header/Footer (unless you disable that option
for the given section). What is the reason for suppressing the page numbers?

http://word.mvps.org

--
Chris Holdaway