Address Book

Old June 2nd 05, 03:20 PM
neongirl

Default Address Book

When in Microsoft Word I went into envelopes and labels. I then tried to
save an address book, instead of having to retype everytime. when I clicked
on it it said:
"The following unrecoverable error has occured: The MAPISVC.INF file is
missing
To Exit, Click Finish."
And when I click finish it says:
"There are no profiles. Choose the Mail and Fax Icon int the Control Panel
to create a new profile."
And when I click 'OK' it then says:
Logon failed. You must logon to Microsoft Exchange to access your address
book. Error code: 'unspecified error'."
In conclusion; that is my problem...HOW DO I FIX IT???? Sorry rather
frustrated this morn... please help me!!! (its a new job!)
Juls
--
Juls
Old June 2nd 05, 09:36 PM
garfield-n-odie

Several possibilities depending on which versions of Word or Works and
Windows you're using (which you didn't tell us):

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=207482 "WD2000: Error Message: "The
Mapisvc.inf File Is Missing" Using Address Book"

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=239369 "Works 2000 Error Message: The
MAPI Configuration File MAPISVC.INF Is Not Found..."

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=180506 "Error Message: The
MAPISVC.INF File Is Missing"