tony cox

Default how do i make a shortcut key or macro to open a particular file

I have my letterhead saved as a document file. So when I want to write a
letter I open the letterhead.doc file and the letterhead appears and write
INstead of having to click open find the file and open it I was wondering if
there is a macro or shortcut key I could make to do this

Ed

Tony:

Use the Macro Recorder to record your steps in opening this document. Give
it a name your will readily recognize. Then you can use ToolsCustomize,
Commands tab; choose Macros on left list and your letterhead macro on the
right list, then drag this icon up to one of your toolbars. Or you can
click the Keyboard button, choose Macros on left list and your letterhead
macro on the right list, and Assign a keystroke combination.

HTH
Ed

"tony cox" wrote in message
I have my letterhead saved as a document file. So when I want to write a
letter I open the letterhead.doc file and the letterhead appears and write
INstead of having to click open find the file and open it I was wondering

if
there is a macro or shortcut key I could make to do this

tony cox

Thanks Ed
It works when I drag it to the toolbar but not with keystrokes. The toolbar
is fine other than it put Normal.Macro.ltrhd which is pretty big icon, wish I
could shorten it to LTRHD, if I can responde
Thanks for your help
Tony

"tony cox" wrote in message
I have my letterhead saved as a document file. So when I want to write a
letter I open the letterhead.doc file and the letterhead appears and write
INstead of having to click open find the file and open it I was wondering

if
there is a macro or shortcut key I could make to do this

Jay Freedman

While the Tools Customize dialog is open, right-click the toolbar
button and edit the entry in the Name box. There are pictures of this
at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...oToToolbar.htm

For the keystrokes, see
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Custom...roToHotkey.htm