lost paste icon

Old January 6th 06, 09:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Default lost paste icon

When copy and paste text into Word, there is an icon (paste) shown right
after the pasted text, it let's choose among options like:
- keep original format...
- same as destination format...
- more .... (I can't recall what exactly they are)

But this function is suddenly missing from my Word. don't know why. When
pasting, just keep original format.

Please help. Thanks!

Old January 6th 06, 11:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Thanks.

Yes, it's checked. I tried uncheck, and check again, still not working.

But here is what I just found:
If I use "Paste Special", the default format selected in the popup window is
HTML. If I change it to "Formatted Text (RTF)", then the paste icon is
there!!!

Now the question is how I can change the default Paste format?

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Do you have "Show Paste Options buttons" checked on the Edit tab of Tools

Options?

so
all may benefit.