Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Wendy Wendy is offline

Default watermark does not print correctly

I am attempting to print "DRAFT" diagonally across the page. The text
watermark appears correctly placed and complete when viewing the page on the
screen with "print preview". When it prints out only 2 or 3 letters of the
watermark print on a page and not the same letters on the various pages. For
example, the first page will show "DAT". The second page may show "RF".
Thanks.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

Are you inserting the watermark through Format | Background | Printed
Watermark and Text watermark?
--
Rae Drysdale

"Wendy" wrote:

I am attempting to print "DRAFT" diagonally across the page. The text
watermark appears correctly placed and complete when viewing the page on the
screen with "print preview". When it prints out only 2 or 3 letters of the
watermark print on a page and not the same letters on the various pages. For
example, the first page will show "DAT". The second page may show "RF".
Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Uncheck the "Semitransparent" box in the Watermark dialog.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Wendy wrote:
I am attempting to print "DRAFT" diagonally across the page. The text
watermark appears correctly placed and complete when viewing the page
on the screen with "print preview". When it prints out only 2 or 3
letters of the watermark print on a page and not the same letters on
the various pages. For example, the first page will show "DAT". The
second page may show "RF". Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Dallas64 Dallas64 is offline

I have had this problem and attribute it to limitations of the printer. For
some reason, my B&W laserjet printer always prints watermarks exactly the way
I want them, but our color laser printer acts exactly the way you describe.
I know it isn't MS Word because I print the same document, with no changes,
on one, then the other.