New macro in Word

Old January 26th 05, 12:23 AM
Ab

Default New macro in Word

It was a piece of cake to create a macro in the previous versions of Word. I
think it's an embarassment to make it so buggy in the MS Word 2003.

I've created a macro "PasteSpecial" which is recorded as Edit/Paste
Special.../Unformatted Text. However it's almost never works as a set of
recorded manual steps, i.e. when I do it manually it copies the text
formatted as destination paragraph, when I do the macro it actes as I paste
the formatted text. Any ideas how to fix it, or at least hwo to report this
problem to Microsoft?

Thanks a lot in advance for your reply.

Old January 26th 05, 01:56 AM
Jezebel

Recording has always been a lousy way to create macros. Problems like the
one you describe were rife in W2000 also. The issue is that the recorded
macro is specific to the document and context in which it is recorded. If
you try to run the macro in a different context, it fails, as you observe.

And the answer is the same as it was in W2000: open the macro in VBA and fix
it.

Old January 26th 05, 05:14 AM
Graham Mayor

As Jezebel indicates the macro recorder is no less efficient than it was in
earlier versions. In this instance, change your code to

Sub PasteUnfText()
On Error GoTo oops
Selection.PasteSpecial DataType:=wdPasteText
End
oops:
Beep
End Sub