Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
LauraM LauraM is offline

Default How do I write in both columns when I format my word document?

I am typing a document in word and I need two columns formatted with text in
both. I am only able to write in the left column and cannot type in right
column. Please help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

With "newspaper" type columns, you need to insert a column break to move
from the first to the second column. (Page Layout tabBreaks in Page Setup
section of RibbonColumn)

If you want to switch backwards and forwards, maybe you should be using a
two column table instead. If you go this route, insert new rows every now
and then as exceptionally long rows (spanning pages) can be a bit of an
issue.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.