Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CJ CJ is offline

Default Format Painter

Why is it if I use the Format Painter trying to copy formatting from a
Heading1 style to another paragraph, the target paragraph assumes the
correct formatting, but the paragraph that I copied from loses its
formatting? Specifically, the paragraph copied from had a hanging
indent at 0.5 and no tabs, but now has no indent and a tab at 0.25.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

It seems to work fine here. Please describe the steps to reproduce the issue.

Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"CJ" wrote in message ...

Why is it if I use the Format Painter trying to copy formatting from a
Heading1 style to another paragraph, the target paragraph assumes the
correct formatting, but the paragraph that I copied from loses its
formatting? Specifically, the paragraph copied from had a hanging
indent at 0.5 and no tabs, but now has no indent and a tab at 0.25.

Format Painter Makes Unwanted Format Changes Tim Formatting Long Documents 7 July 19th 12 04:27 PM
Format painter nkb Microsoft Word Help 8 July 31st 08 08:59 AM
Format Painter Meg Microsoft Word Help 2 May 15th 06 09:03 PM
format painter Paintless Page Layout 1 April 11th 06 03:21 AM
Format Painter KC8DCN Microsoft Word Help 1 March 27th 06 01:20 AM