Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Blessedx3 Blessedx3 is offline

Default numbering odd and even pages in header

I am really having a difficult time figureing this out. Hopefully I won't
confuse anyone.

I type up the minutes from our monthly Board meeting. The minutes are
printed (duplex), 3-hole punched and put in the minute book.

I have mirrored margins and have a different 1st page header and with the
mirrored margins, the page numbers alternate between left and right.

I think my biggest problem now is that the minutes don't always start on an
odd page for my first page. This month the minutes start at page 202 and
will be printed on the backside of page 201. I can't seem to figure out how
to get my headers formated and numbered correctly (and automatically).

HELP!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Instead of putting the page number in the First Page Header (right or left),
use a "drop folio": a centered page number in the First Page Footer. This is
not at all unusual in publishing and looks better, anyway.