Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jarv26

Default How to protect shared documents saved on the server from remov

We have the same issues here. I have looked at the advanced security
settings and have created an environment where users can create and update
documents but cannot remove, rename, or delete them. The problem is that
Word creates temporary files and these files can no longer be cleaned up
(deleted) when word closes. Unless someone here has a better idea, I am
looking at setting up a scheduled task to delete the word work files on a
daily basis. I would rather have word redirect these files to another
directory where the users have delete authority. I expect to see the same
issues with other office applications. Any better suggestions will be much
appreciated.

"Beth Melton" wrote:

This type of protections would fall under your Network rather than Word.

You can protect the document content in Word but not protect documents from deletion or moving them to another folder.
--
Please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup. Email requests for assistance can not be acknowledged.

~~~~~~~
Beth Melton

Word FAQ: http://mvps.org/word
TechTrax: http://mousetrax.com/techtrax/

"mrtonka" wrote:

Microsoft Office Word 2003. Our users currently have and need the individual capability to save word documents in shared folders on the server. Individually we need the ability to look at the saved documents, attach them to emails and print.

How do I protect the documents from intentional or accidental erasure or movement from the original folder to another.