Jpeled@pw

Default Is there a way to ignore repeated words in the spell checker

Applying the spell checker to a technical document, where numbers are repeated
aeveral times on the same line ( i.e 0.000 0.000 0.000), the repeated words
are flagged. How can I set the spell checker so repeated words are ignored
automatically ( not having to ignore it one by one)
CyberTaz

The simplest way without diluting the effectiveness of Spelling & Grammar is
to use the Tab key to separate the groups of figures rather than the
Spacebar. That will also work much better to maintain consistent spacing,
especially if there are columns of figures to be aligned, such as:

0.000 0.000 0.000
0.000 0.000 0.000

LOL |:)

"Jpeled@pw" wrote:

Applying the spell checker to a technical document, where numbers are repeated
aeveral times on the same line ( i.e 0.000 0.000 0.000), the repeated words
are flagged. How can I set the spell checker so repeated words are ignored
automatically ( not having to ignore it one by one)

CyberTaz

Unfortunately I can find no specific option for this aspect of the Spell
Check. There is a feature which pertains to words with numbers, but evidently
considers only words containing a mixture of letters and digits. It seems to
have no effect on digit-only strings.

The only other thing I can come up with for now is only practical if your
'repeaters' are consistantly the same groups of digits. If so, you could
create a Custom dictionary for them. If these values are random that would be
a thankless task.

Perhaps one of the MVPs has a trick up his/her sleeve, so continue to check
back. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

BTW- If I might ask, why is it that tabs cannot be used?

LOL |:)