Bob

Default Microsoft Office Word index

How do I print an Index that I have generated?
Herb Tyson [MVP]

File - Print.

That seems like such an obvious answer that it makes me wonder if perhaps
you've tried that, and it didn't work.

Is the index still contained in the document to which it pertains? Do you
want to print just the index? If the latter, you can specify just the
section or pages containing the index. The easiest way would be to select
the index and choose File - Print, and set Page Range to Selection.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"Bob" wrote in message
How do I print an Index that I have generated?

Bob

Herb,

I must be 'Mickey the Dunce' because I used a small Word file as a test, and
then I identified a couple of items to be indexed, saved the file, and then
attempted to print it; however, no index appeared.

What have I missed?

"Bob" wrote in message
How do I print an Index that I have generated?

Bob

Suzanne & Herb,

I think I'm bumbling my way into using the indexing portion of Word; but, I
need to practice more, and learn by doing. Unfortunately the tutorial
information that I've gleaned is sparse. Can either of you suggest where I
can obtain such information?

Thanks for your help.

BOb

"Bob" wrote in message
How do I print an Index that I have generated?

Luc

Bob,
See he
http://www.computorcompanion.com/LPMArticle.asp?ID=209
Luc
"Bob" schreef in bericht

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Did you actually insert the index field or just the index entry fields?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Bob" wrote in message
How do I print an Index that I have generated?

Bob

Suzanne, Herb, & Luc,

Thank you all for your help in resolving this issue for me.

With the hints and tutorial I will be able to do indexing. As always, now
that I know what to do and how to do it, the responsibility is mine to use it
in an effective manner. I've always understood indexing to be one of the most
difficult tasks in preparing information.

Bob

"Bob" wrote in message
How do I print an Index that I have generated?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
al

I can find nothing in this document relating to an index updating when text
is added. I've tagged some words "Mark All" in Chapter 1(My test run on first
attempt at indexing!). I added Chapter 2 (insertfile) assuming that when I
did the last step to create index (all marks hidden, insertreference etc.)
that the tags in the first chapter (find all places "nutrition" is used" )
would carry over to the added chapter and any other inported files. Wrong.
Either my assumptions are wrong and I've got to recreate the index from
scratch, or I'm doing something wrong. Please offer insight.

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
How can I keep the PDFMaker toolbar from appearing every time I o. duvalte Microsoft Word Help 20 February 7th 05 07:13 AM
How do Microsoft Office and Microsoft Word relate? strap426 Microsoft Word Help 3 December 29th 04 10:05 PM