Montanagrizfans

Default When filling in a form I Created, why does my other text move?

When I enter too many characters in the form field, it will move the text to
the next line. I need it to be stationary. I don't have a clue how to word
this correctly, so hopefully that makes sense. This form is an application
with NO tables of any sort.

Users generally find it expedient to put form fields into a (borderless)
table and set exact row height and preferred column width for the cells
containing form fields.

"Montanagrizfans" wrote in
message ...
When I enter too many characters in the form field, it will move the text

the next line. I need it to be stationary. I don't have a clue how to

word
this correctly, so hopefully that makes sense. This form is an

application
with NO tables of any sort.

Montanagrizfans

Hi Suzanne: Thank you so much for your quick reply!

To make myself clear, what you're telling me is --The only way to avoid the
text moving is to have a "borderless" table? I guess I was hoping you didn't
have to do that because the original application I was trying to manipulate
is in size 7 font and 3 pages - creating a table and redoing the app wasn't
something time permitting. However, I do appreciate your time! Thanks &
Have a great day :-) Janie

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Users generally find it expedient to put form fields into a (borderless)
table and set exact row height and preferred column width for the cells
containing form fields.

"Montanagrizfans" wrote in
message ...
When I enter too many characters in the form field, it will move the text

the next line. I need it to be stationary. I don't have a clue how to

word
this correctly, so hopefully that makes sense. This form is an

application
with NO tables of any sort.

Charles Kenyon

You can insert borderless Frames to hold your fields and restrict their
size, I believe. There is a button for frames on the Forms toolbar.

What you are talking about is what Word calls an "online form." For more
about online forms, follow the links at
http://addbalance.com/word/wordwebresources.htm#Forms or
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...nTheBlanks.htm especially Dian
Chapman's series of articles. You may also want to look at
http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/TblsFl...nesInForms.htm.

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Montanagrizfans" wrote in
message ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Users generally find it expedient to put form fields into a (borderless)
table and set exact row height and preferred column width for the cells
containing form fields.

so
all may benefit.

"Montanagrizfans" wrote in
message ...
When I enter too many characters in the form field, it will move the
text

the next line. I need it to be stationary. I don't have a clue how to

word
this correctly, so hopefully that makes sense. This form is an

application
with NO tables of any sort.

Montanagrizfans

Thank you very much for your help. - I truly appreciate all of the
links/information you've included. I really wish I would have learned about
this "Discussion Group" sooner. It would have saved me alot of time... which
is so hard to come by.
So, again...I thank both of you....Charles Kenyon & Suzanne Barnhill - for
your quick & insightful replies.
Janie

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Users generally find it expedient to put form fields into a (borderless)
table and set exact row height and preferred column width for the cells
containing form fields.

so
all may benefit.

"Montanagrizfans" wrote in
message ...
When I enter too many characters in the form field, it will move the
text
the next line. I need it to be stationary. I don't have a clue how to
word
this correctly, so hopefully that makes sense. This form is an
application
with NO tables of any sort.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tami

Default When filling in a form I Created, why does my other text move?(NEW

Hi - I have the same question you had here - did any of these solutions work
for you? I am creating a form in word with using fields for user to tab
through and enter information - when they fill in the first field, it
automatically moves the next field/text on the same line to either to the
right, making it out of line, or to the next row. I need for the data
fields/text entry to remain static. Is this the same thing you tried to do?
Any assistance in trying to understand some of the responses would be so
appreciated - I am also in a time crunch and have been working on this for
days! Thanks!!
Tami

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Users generally find it expedient to put form fields into a (borderless)
table and set exact row height and preferred column width for the cells
containing form fields.

so
all may benefit.

"Montanagrizfans" wrote in
message ...
When I enter too many characters in the form field, it will move the
text
the next line. I need it to be stationary. I don't have a clue how to
word
this correctly, so hopefully that makes sense. This form is an
application
with NO tables of any sort.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

Try the suggestions. They work. Either a fixed-sized table cells or frames
will limit the area in which information can be entered and keep it from
moving you.
--

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Users generally find it expedient to put form fields into a
(borderless)
table and set exact row height and preferred column width for the
cells
containing form fields.

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.

"Montanagrizfans" wrote
in
message ...
When I enter too many characters in the form field, it will move
the
text
the next line. I need it to be stationary. I don't have a clue
how to
word
this correctly, so hopefully that makes sense. This form is an
application
with NO tables of any sort.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tami

I am not sure if I had responded, as I was so excited once I went to this
link - what great information! Thanks for the info. BTW - the best way that
I found to do it is to insert a table (as mentioned previously), with no
border and insert my fields there.

Have a great Thanksgiving!