Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Michael Michael is offline

Default Deactivating Asian language format

Hello,

I received a document that is written in German, but it has Chinese
activated for some reason, and a Chinese font type shows up along with Arial.
I have already selected all text and then applied German as the language, but
Chinese still shows up (along with German and the font type Arial).

That wouldn't bother me, except that it drastically interferes with a
program I'm using on the document (TRADOS).

Is there any way of getting rid of the Asian layout that is set up in the
document? The document is too big to simply copy text to a new document on a
piece-by-piece basis. Where are the settings for this type of thing?

Thanks in advance for any help or insight into these format problems.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi Michael,

I received a document that is written in German, but it has Chinese
activated for some reason, and a Chinese font type shows up along with Arial.
I have already selected all text and then applied German as the language, but
Chinese still shows up (along with German and the font type Arial).

That wouldn't bother me, except that it drastically interferes with a
program I'm using on the document (TRADOS).

Is there any way of getting rid of the Asian layout that is set up in the
document? The document is too big to simply copy text to a new document on a
piece-by-piece basis. Where are the settings for this type of thing?

Take a look at these two discussions, they may give you some ideas of things to
try

http://groups.google.ch/group/micros...features/brows
e_frm/thread/3352ed9171e2b5a/271eccb7a2a98425?hl=de#271eccb7a2a98425

http://groups.google.ch/group/micros...browse_frm/thr
ead/f5dda0fc44fc7245/da546ca471e7874d?lnk=st&q=Meister+FarEast+group%3A microsoft
.public.word.docmanagement&rnum=2&hl=de#da546ca471 e7874d

Beyond that, I recommend posting in the word.international.features newsgroup
(location of that first link). Be sure to mention the versions of Word involved
in this.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org