Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rickh957 Rickh957 is offline

Default Where is the "AutoSum" command in Mircosoft Office Work 2007

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

After you have created a table, you will have two contextual table tabs:
Design and Layout. On the Layout tab, in the Data group, there is a Formula
button that opens the Formula dialog, where you can select the Sum function.
If you want it to be Sum(Above) or Sum(Left), as created by the AutoSum
button, you'll have to type this in yourself.

Not quite the answer you wanted, is it? So click on the arrow at the end of
the QAT, choose More Commands..., select Commands Not in the Ribbon, scroll
down to Sum, and click Add .

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
If you want it to be Sum(Above) or
Sum(Left), as created by the AutoSum button, you'll have to type this
in yourself.

Word will offer Sum(Above) or Sum(Left) as the default choice for the
autosum button if there is an unambiguous choice of numbers to the left or
above.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You didn't read the whole reply, did you? Yes, the AutoSum button will do
this. My point was that the Formula dialog doesn't: it doesn't replicate the
behavior of the AutoSum button and consequently is a very inefficient
substitute.

My reply explained how to insert a Sum(Above) or Sum(Left) field in Word
2007 (where the AutoSum button is not, by default, available); it then
explained how to add the AutoSum button to the QAT.

For the benefit of others who may be coming in late, here's the whole
message:

"After you have created a table, you will have two contextual table tabs:
Design and Layout. On the Layout tab, in the Data group, there is a Formula
button that opens the Formula dialog, where you can select the Sum function.
If you want it to be Sum(Above) or Sum(Left), as created by the AutoSum
button, you'll have to type this in yourself.

"Not quite the answer you wanted, is it? So click on the arrow at the end of
the QAT, choose More Commands..., select Commands Not in the Ribbon, scroll
down to Sum, and click Add ."

I should probably have preface this by saying: "Word 2007 doesn't have an
AutoSum button by default; the procedure that replaces it is quite tedious."

"Graham Mayor" wrote in message
Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
If you want it to be Sum(Above) or
Sum(Left), as created by the AutoSum button, you'll have to type this
in yourself.

Word will offer Sum(Above) or Sum(Left) as the default choice for the
autosum button if there is an unambiguous choice of numbers to the left or
above.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

I had read your reply. The point of my response was that the *formula*
button *does* offer Sum(Above) or Sum(Left) as the default entry, if there
is content in the row or the column adjacent to where you wish to place the
formula. What it doesn't do (which the autosum button does) is enter the
formula directly iunto the table ie you need two clicks to the autosum
button's one. In the whole scheme of things I didn't feel that two clicks
instead of one amounted to 'quite tedious', but each to his own

You don't have to type in the formula dialog unless the table is empty.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
If you want it to be Sum(Above) or
Sum(Left), as created by the AutoSum button, you'll have to type
this in yourself.

Word will offer Sum(Above) or Sum(Left) as the default choice for the
autosum button if there is an unambiguous choice of numbers to the
left or above.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Ah, okay, I confess I was trying it with an empty table, just to find where
the commands were. Having now tried it with numbers in the cells, I see that
SUM(ABOVE) is offered as the default formula. My apologies.

OTOH, it actually requires three clicks in some instances. If you have just
inserted a table and typed in it, the Table Tools | Design tab is on top.
You have to select the Layout tab before you can access the Formula button,
then click to insert the formula. If you use AutoSum a lot, it might be
worth a button on the QAT to save a couple of clicks.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
If you want it to be Sum(Above) or
Sum(Left), as created by the AutoSum button, you'll have to type
this in yourself.

Word will offer Sum(Above) or Sum(Left) as the default choice for the
autosum button if there is an unambiguous choice of numbers to the
left or above.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Willem Nel Willem Nel is offline

The problem is still not solved. If password protected and emailed to a
customer and the customer add numbers in fields, the sum functions are not
operating at all! What then is the purpouse of creating all these functions
or whatever for use in words! Does someone have ab abswer that will
automaticly ipdate formula fields in protect mode if numbers are changed or
added? Something simular to the book-keeping template/form on the online
templates page. Problem is this form is protected. Cannot see formula! How do
you remove the password?
--
Wllem Nel

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
If you want it to be Sum(Above) or
Sum(Left), as created by the AutoSum button, you'll have to type
this in yourself.

Word will offer Sum(Above) or Sum(Left) as the default choice for
the autosum button if there is an unambiguous choice of numbers to
the left or above.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In order to update related fields when you change the content of a form
field, you must check the calculate on exit check boxes of the fields
contributing to the calculation. The calculated fields then update when you
tab out of the form fields, provided the calculated fields are in the text
layer of the document, which in the case of a table, they will be.

You can unlock the form from the developer tab.
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Classic%20Form%20Controls.htm will give you the
familiar forms command set.

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
If you want it to be Sum(Above) or
Sum(Left), as created by the AutoSum button, you'll have to type
this in yourself.

Word will offer Sum(Above) or Sum(Left) as the default choice for
the autosum button if there is an unambiguous choice of numbers
to the left or above.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jenn jenn is offline

I have a question...

I am looking for a way to use a 'shortcut' for the autosum button rather
than using my mouse.

Example~ Ctrl + I = Italic

Is there one I can use for Autosum?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I have this on my QAT, where it's labeled "Sum," which is the name under
which I found it in the All Commands section of Customize.

In the Customize Keyboard dialog, however, you will have to look (under All
Commands) for TableAutoSum.

http://word.mvps.org

"Jenn" wrote in message

I have a question...

I am looking for a way to use a 'shortcut' for the autosum button rather
than using my mouse.

Example~ Ctrl + I = Italic

Is there one I can use for Autosum?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Lori H. Lori H. is offline

you also have to use default number=0, because if there are blank cells in
the range, autosum won't recognize the whole column above (or row to left) as
cells to be included in the calculation