Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Amelia's Dad Amelia's Dad is offline

Default How can I clear redundent pathways to nonexistent files in Word?

I Word 2007 you can delete and reset the recently used files list but lists
of all created files persists in the file name drop down, even for files and
pathways which no longer exist. There must be a way to remove redundent files.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The list is stored in the registry at
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12\Wor d\FileMRU, from where you
can delete individual entries
or
You can use the following macro which will reset the list to your preset
preferred number of displayed documents:

Sub ClearMRU
Application.DisplayRecentFiles = True
listsize = RecentFiles.Maximum
RecentFiles.Maximum = 0
RecentFiles.Maximum = listsize
End Sub

See http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm
or to edit the list see
http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Recent_Files_List_Editor.htm

Amelia's Dad wrote:
I Word 2007 you can delete and reset the recently used files list but
lists
of all created files persists in the file name drop down, even for
files and pathways which no longer exist. There must be a way to
remove redundent files.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I think the OP is referring to the autocomplete list presented in the Save
As dialog box (at "File name"). I don't know if it is possible to clear that
list. A *Windows* setting perhaps?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

Amelia's Dad wrote:
I Word 2007 you can delete and reset the recently used files list but
lists
of all created files persists in the file name drop down, even for
files and pathways which no longer exist. There must be a way to
remove redundent files.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Oops! They are stored in the registry at
\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\ Common\Open Find\Microsoft
Office Word\Settings\Save As\File Name MRU

Amelia's Dad wrote:
I Word 2007 you can delete and reset the recently used files list
but lists
of all created files persists in the file name drop down, even for
files and pathways which no longer exist. There must be a way to
remove redundent files.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Amelia''s Dad Amelia''s Dad is offline

Default How can I clear redundent pathways to nonexistent files in Wor

Graham, this sounds what I'm after, but can you confirm your previous macro
please.

Amelia's Dad wrote:
I Word 2007 you can delete and reset the recently used files list
but lists
of all created files persists in the file name drop down, even for
files and pathways which no longer exist. There must be a way to
remove redundent files.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The macro is for clearing the recent file list. To edit the SaveAs popup you
will need to edit the registry directly, to delete all or part of the
contents of the key