Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
P. Anderson P. Anderson is offline

Default Using Mailmerge and Sharepoint Lists

I am using MSWord 2007 Professional and I would like to be able to connect to
a SharePoint List for information to use in MailMerge.

I use Visio Profession 2007 and love the way it connects directly to
Shareport Lists.

Has anyone been able to connect MS Word to a SharePoint List?

THank you
P.Anderson
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

AFAIK there is no straightforward way to do it in Word.

AFAIK there are two ways you can go about it
a. if you have Access, it has built-in facilities that let you link a
table to a Sharepoint list, and then you can either use that table, or a
query based on that table, as your data source. This is the "relatively
straightforward" method.
b. see the conversation at

http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mic...f845107f827997

but notice that I never had confirmation from the other person that she
was able to make anything work.

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

On 19/04/2010 17:21, P. Anderson wrote:
I am using MSWord 2007 Professional and I would like to be able to connect to
a SharePoint List for information to use in MailMerge.

I use Visio Profession 2007 and love the way it connects directly to
Shareport Lists.

Has anyone been able to connect MS Word to a SharePoint List?

THank you
P.Anderson

Psychoillogical Psychoillogical is offline
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by P. Anderson View Post
I am using MSWord 2007 Professional and I would like to be able to connect to
a SharePoint List for information to use in MailMerge.

I use Visio Profession 2007 and love the way it connects directly to
Shareport Lists.

Has anyone been able to connect MS Word to a SharePoint List?

THank you
P.Anderson
Hi Mr P,

You could try the MS Word Add In on the following page, it may solve your problems.

www.dcsoftwaresolutions.com/default.aspx

Best Regards,
psy