Barbara Pfeiffer Barbara Pfeiffer is offline
Junior Member

Question Table Cell Markers

I am trying to do a wild card search in a table. Names appear two different ways - John Smith and John Smith*. I want to find every time John Smith appears WITHOUT an asterick. So I type find John Smith[!/*]. This works for every instance of John Smith UNLESS John Smith is the only thing in the cell and is followed by a cell marker, then it won't find that instance of John Smith at all. Why does it do this? Does anyone know of a way to do this? Any help appreciated.

Last edited by Barbara Pfeiffer : June 21st 12 at 12:43 AM