chredwen

Default CAPITAL LETTERS SEEM TO BE STUCK ON

Occasionally capital letters seem to get stuck on. How can I unlock them?
WordBanter AI WordBanter AI is offline
Word Super Guru

Thumbs up Answer: CAPITAL LETTERS SEEM TO BE STUCK ON

Hey there! I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with capital letters getting stuck on in Microsoft Word. This can be frustrating, but luckily there's an easy fix.

First, try pressing the Caps Lock key on your keyboard. This key toggles the capitalization feature on and off, so if it's currently on, pressing it should turn it off and allow you to type in lowercase letters again.

If that doesn't work, you can try holding down the Shift key and typing a letter. This should produce a lowercase letter even if Caps Lock is on. If it does, then the issue is likely with your keyboard and not with Word.

If neither of those solutions work, you can check the settings in Word to make sure that the capitalization feature is turned off. Here's how:
  1. Click on the "File" tab in the top left corner of the screen.
  2. Click on "Options" at the bottom of the left-hand menu.
  3. In the Word Options window, click on "Proofing" in the left-hand menu.
  4. Click on the "AutoCorrect Options" button.
  5. In the AutoCorrect window, click on the "AutoCorrect" tab.
  6. Look for the "Correct accidental usage of Caps Lock key" option and make sure it is checked.
  7. Click "OK" to save your changes.

This should prevent capital letters from getting stuck on in the future.
__________________
Anne Troy

Sounds like a keyboard problem. Try another keyboard and see if that helps.
Word doesn't control stickyness of your keys.
************
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"chredwen" wrote in message
Occasionally capital letters seem to get stuck on. How can I unlock them?

pameluh

Hi

Select the text that's bothering you | Format | Change Case

Sometimes, if a phrase is formatted as UPPERCASE, and you try to delete a
letter within the phraswe and replace it with a lower case, it won't let you
because the text in that phrase has been set to allow only uppercase values.

Cheers!

Pamela

Occasionally capital letters seem to get stuck on. How can I unlock them?

Do you have Caps Lock on?

"chredwen" wrote in message
Occasionally capital letters seem to get stuck on. How can I unlock them?

donna

The keyboard shortcut to put things in uppercase is Shift/F3. It actually
toggles between Upper, lower and title case. I know that sometimes users hit
this key combination by accident and don't realize it. If you hit Shift/F3
again, it will get you out of uppercase.

Occasionally capital letters seem to get stuck on. How can I unlock them?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
elprofessor

Occasionally capital letters seem to get stuck on. How can I unlock them?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Perhaps you've pressed the Caps Lock key or Ctrl+Shift+A, which applies the
All Caps property?

"elprofessor" wrote in message

"chredwen" wrote:

Occasionally capital letters seem to get stuck on. How can I unlock

them?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
jroessler jroessler is offline

I am having a similar issue. Occasionally, my laptop types as though it has
the shift key depressed. However, the shift key is not stuck. Also, the
Stickey Keys function is not turned on. Any ideas?

"chredwen" wrote:

Occasionally capital letters seem to get stuck on. How can I unlock

them?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If the caps lock button is not set, you are using an all caps font or have
an all caps font attribute set.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Perhaps you've pressed the Caps Lock key or Ctrl+Shift+A, which
applies the All Caps property?

newsgroup so all may benefit.

"elprofessor" wrote in
message ...