mlagrange

Default How to save in Outline View?

Hello - what determines how Word 2003 saves a document in Outline view?

I would like to re-open an outline doc with whatever paragraphs
collapsed & expanded as when I last saved & closed it, but Word always
opens it again with the original expand/collapse arrangement as when I
first created the doc.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Mark

--
mlagrange
mlagrange's Profile: http://www.officehelp.in/member.php?userid=70

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Mlagrange,

I would like to re-open an outline doc with whatever paragraphs
collapsed & expanded as when I last saved & closed it, but Word always
opens it again with the original expand/collapse arrangement as when I
first created the doc.

In my experience, Word always opens documents in the Outline view with
all levels displayed. The only way you could control this would be to
use a macro.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

mlagrange

I see what you mean; ok, I'll try a macro

Thanks very much