Franz976

Default Building a tool for managing the meeting's minutes

Hi,
my company asked me to implement a tool for managing the minutes of the
several meetings we currently hold. The final user of this tool is who will
record the proceeding of the meetings.

The tool have to be developed on Word, of course, and in the end it should
give the opportunity to the end-user to add several informations (on
different tables) taken from the ERP database (SqlServer).

I thought to the mailmerge functionaly, but i'm still in doubt. I don't
know, for example, if it's possibile to use different fields from different
tables, or if you have to use just one table.

I can also use Macros and VBA... Does any one know which would be the best
way to accomplish my goal?

Thanx in advance, and please excuse my bad english!
Francesco
Doug Robbins

I am not sure that mailmerge is the right tool for this. Tell us more about
the several informations (on
different tables) taken from the ERP database (SqlServer)

What sort of information is it? Is it just information taken from a single
record (and the corresponding (linked) records in the other tables?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"Franz976" wrote in message
news
[...]

Franz976

Hi Doug

thanks for replying. No, we have a lot of tables not always related; for
example:
- resources table
- projects table
- customers table
- ecc

Even if related, there is often the 1:n relationship between them.

Someone told me to use the bookmarks function: does it really help?

"Franz976" wrote in message
[...]

Doug Robbins

I would say that rules out the use of mailmerge. You may want to take a
look at:

"How to create a Userform" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

"Access a database and insert into a Word document the data that you find
there" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterDev/GetDataFromDB.htm