FJB

Default Easier way to merge?

The new and improved mail merge which Microsoft introduced in 2000 is a
pain if you have more than a few fields. Today I was developing a merge
document to help a co-worker check her Outlook contacts. Did you
realize that there are 92 fileds for each contact record? I though I
would throw the machine out the window in the next office as I chose a
filed, closed, returned, opened, chose next field, -- 92 times. There
has got to be an easier way. Help!!

Charles Kenyon

If you go to Cindy Meister's website you'll find a userform that does what
you want.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"FJB" wrote in message
oups.com...
The new and improved mail merge which Microsoft introduced in 2000 is a
pain if you have more than a few fields. Today I was developing a merge
document to help a co-worker check her Outlook contacts. Did you
realize that there are 92 fileds for each contact record? I though I
would throw the machine out the window in the next office as I chose a
filed, closed, returned, opened, chose next field, -- 92 times. There
has got to be an easier way. Help!!

Doug Robbins

Or insert them all in the one spot and then drag them to where you want
them.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"FJB" wrote in message
oups.com...
The new and improved mail merge which Microsoft introduced in 2000 is a
pain if you have more than a few fields. Today I was developing a merge
document to help a co-worker check her Outlook contacts. Did you
realize that there are 92 fileds for each contact record? I though I
would throw the machine out the window in the next office as I chose a
filed, closed, returned, opened, chose next field, -- 92 times. There
has got to be an easier way. Help!!

Graham Mayor

See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm and the
references to the merge toolbar, which enables you to do things as you did
in earlier versions. Incidentally the changes were made in Word versions
after 2000.

See also http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

..