jada

Default Linking Excel cells to a Word document

I would like to create a word document which I can link to certain cells in
an excel document. For example imagine I created an empty table in word. I
would like to link some of the cells of this table to certain cells in an
excel spreadsheet.
and once I link them I would like to assign a key to the function like an F
key maybe and perform the transfer of the cells at once.
The main purpose is to create a visual document in Word and keep the data in
excel and mapping certain cells to eachother and finally hitting one key to
make the transfer. As the excel table is updated with live data I should be
able to update the word documewnt as well by hitting one key. I am not sure
if I should do this by mail merge or by assigning macros. If I need to assign
macros (which I tried but was unsuccessfull in mapping) could you tell me
how, for example walk me through the mapping of one cell and I can do the
rest....Many Thanks....

Graham Mayor

You can certainly link Excel cells into a Word document - paste special/as
link and while both the document and the spreadsheet are open any changes to
Excel are immediately reflected in Word. I would, however, recommend that
you perform all the calculations in Excel and insert the complete table
rather than insert individual cells into a Word table, or you may have
problems with the formatting.

jada wrote:
[...]

jada

First of all thanks for your reply but when I do copy paste instead of
pasting a limk or function it pastes the information directly from my excel
spreadsheet. I belıeve I need to use a macro which can copy data from
dirrerent tabs in excel into different cells in word and do it at once by
hitting one key. The problem is I cannot remember exactly how it is done. I
start recording a macro but as I do the copy pasting it seems to not
function...Ä°f you could help me with this I would highlt appreciate it.

Jada

jada wrote:
[...]

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the article "Control Excel from Word" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterD...XLFromWord.htm

and "Control Word from Excel" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/InterD...WordFromXL.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"jada" wrote in message
First of all thanks for your reply but when I do copy paste instead of
pasting a limk or function it pastes the information directly from my
excel
spreadsheet. I believe I need to use a macro which can copy data from
dirrerent tabs in excel into different cells in word and do it at once by
hitting one key. The problem is I cannot remember exactly how it is done.
start recording a macro but as I do the copy pasting it seems to not
function...If you could help me with this I would highlt appreciate it.