Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
kellymomof4 kellymomof4 is offline

Default Merge to extract data from word file to multiple letters at once?

I work for a nonprofit that uses Giftmaker. I export my donation data to a
word file. I then have a "thank you template letter" in word that I link to
my data file. Once I've made the link I complete the merge and the data is
somehow exported to my 12 thank you letters (new members & renewals at
different donor levels) so my new merged document is actually a combination
of many different letters and the correct data is in all of them. I'm in the
process of creating all new letters and can't figure out how to link them to
that original "template letter". (these letters were all created by a
previous employee)
Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

It is not the "template letter" that you will be wanting to link them, but
to the data source.

What you might want to do is start by opening the original "template letter"
and then save it with a new name and modify it. Do that as many times as
you want to (open the original "template letter", save with a new name and
then modify). Each of the new files that you create in this way should be
linked to the data source.

You may also want to take a look at the following articles:

"How to create a Mail Merge" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMe...AMailMerge.htm

"Creating a Mail Merge Data Source" at:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMe...DataSource.htm