Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Ken Benson

Default Save As Encoded Text, Unicode characters save differently

I'm trying to save Word files containing Unicode characters to plain text so
I can clean them up and code them as Indesign Tagged Text. Save As Encoded
Text actually works nicely, except that certain characters sometimes save
successfully, and sometimes get converted to a single open parenthesis. I've
posted a tiny test file showing this at http://www.pegtype.com/test.doc.

The mystery is that the same character in two places in the same file
converts differently.

Thanks for any help.
Ken Benson

How do I get rid of a page number on a Save As\ Text Only doc? Mike Whitehurst Microsoft Word Help 2 March 24th 05 01:17 PM
How do i get rid of a page number on a Save As\ Text Only doc? Mike Whitehurst Microsoft Word Help 0 March 16th 05 01:18 PM
Outline Renee Hendershott Page Layout 2 December 25th 04 02:49 PM
textbox to normal text Jack Sons New Users 16 December 5th 04 03:44 PM
merge data in a header or text box does not save JPCT Mailmerge 2 December 1st 04 03:45 PM