Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wynand wynand is offline

Default word 03 table calculations

can someone please assist.
As soon as a table goes onto more than one page, calculations in the last
cell does not work i.e. =sum(d1:d8) d1,d2,d3 on one page, the rest on next
two pages.
if I enter the above formula in d9 on page 3 the result is completely
incorrect.
there are no empty cells and all cells are in one table.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

A simple exxample works OK here. What if you do something simpler, e.g.

{ =d1 }

or

{ =d8 }

?

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

"wynand" wrote in message
can someone please assist.
As soon as a table goes onto more than one page, calculations in the last
cell does not work i.e. =sum(d1:d8) d1,d2,d3 on one page, the rest on next
two pages.
if I enter the above formula in d9 on page 3 the result is completely
incorrect.
there are no empty cells and all cells are in one table.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

It works for me? How many rows are there on each page? Is this a table
created by mail merge which will probably have a section break at the end of
each page?

wynand wrote:
can someone please assist.
As soon as a table goes onto more than one page, calculations in the
last cell does not work i.e. =sum(d1:d8) d1,d2,d3 on one page, the
rest on next two pages.
if I enter the above formula in d9 on page 3 the result is completely
incorrect.
there are no empty cells and all cells are in one table.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wynand wynand is offline

the table range is a1:d8. column a contains dates. column B is a description
amount (invoice, therefore the rows go onto page 3.), c and d are amounts.
Column d is the final amounts 9which are $ 0.00 amounts).
I entered at the end of the table on page three to obtain another row and to
add d1:d8,
as far as Ican see all the data is in one table that go onto other tables

wynand wrote:
can someone please assist.
As soon as a table goes onto more than one page, calculations in the
last cell does not work i.e. =sum(d1:d8) d1,d2,d3 on one page, the
rest on next two pages.
if I enter the above formula in d9 on page 3 the result is completely
incorrect.
there are no empty cells and all cells are in one table.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wynand wynand is offline

could it be a formatting issue?
the amounts are reflected as follows:
$000.00 and $0 000.00
If I enter a space in between the dollar sign and the amounts and place a
comma between zeros to act as a thousands seperator, the sum formula works
fine

wynand wrote:
can someone please assist.
As soon as a table goes onto more than one page, calculations in the
last cell does not work i.e. =sum(d1:d8) d1,d2,d3 on one page, the
rest on next two pages.
if I enter the above formula in d9 on page 3 the result is completely
incorrect.
there are no empty cells and all cells are in one table.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes, Word will probably treat, e.g. $1 234.56 as "1"

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

wynand wrote:
can someone please assist.
As soon as a table goes onto more than one page, calculations in the
last cell does not work i.e. =sum(d1:d8) d1,d2,d3 on one page, the
rest on next two pages.
if I enter the above formula in d9 on page 3 the result is completely
incorrect.
there are no empty cells and all cells are in one table.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Nope - it'll be treated as $1+234.56 = $235.56

--
Cheers
macropod

wynand wrote:
can someone please assist.
As soon as a table goes onto more than one page, calculations in the
last cell does not work i.e. =sum(d1:d8) d1,d2,d3 on one page, the
rest on next two pages.
if I enter the above formula in d9 on page 3 the result is completely
incorrect.
there are no empty cells and all cells are in one table.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes!

Another one for the file...

--
Peter Jamieson
http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk

wynand wrote:
can someone please assist.
As soon as a table goes onto more than one page, calculations in
the
last cell does not work i.e. =sum(d1:d8) d1,d2,d3 on one page, the
rest on next two pages.
if I enter the above formula in d9 on page 3 the result is
completely
incorrect.
there are no empty cells and all cells are in one table.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
wynand wynand is offline

thank you for the input everyone!