Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
georgeant georgeant is offline

Default Recover documnet in Word 2007

Hello there i have a document created in word 2007. After my last save when i
try to open the file i get the following message: The Office open XML file
'name.docx' cannot be opened because there are problem with the contents.
When i click details it says: The file is corrupt and cannot be opened.
Location: Part:: /word/document.xml, Line: 2, Column: 1987.
Any help would be much appreciated as its very important to recover my text.
thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
p0 p0 is offline

On 13 feb, 16:13, georgeant
wrote:
Hello there i have a document created in word 2007. After my last save when i
try to open the file i get the following message: The Office open XML file
'name.docx' cannot be opened because there are problem with the contents.
When i click details it says: The file is corrupt and cannot be opened.
Location: Part:: /word/document.xml, Line: 2, Column: 1987.
Any help would be much appreciated as its very important to recover my text.
thanks in advance

You could try the "Open and Repair" function. In the Open File dialog,
rather than clicking Open (or pressing enter), use the little arrow
next to open to pick "Open and Repair" instead.

If that doesn't help, you could try opening the file with OpenOffice
3.0. It can handle certain types of corruption automaticallly. If you
don't have it installed, it might be a heavy packet to download and
install though as it is a complete office suite.

If still no luck, you could try one of the (free) docx repair
solutions you can find online, e.g. http://www.docxrepair.com/

If all fails, you can try the following:

1)create a copy of your name.docx
2)rename the copy to name.zip
3)double click name.zip and look inside the compressed folder for
document.xml
4)open document.xml in WordPad or alternative
5)if your good with xml, remove the parts causing the corruption. If
you aren't, salvage as much text as you can.

Yves