Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Joelle Faulks

Default Can't find "Microsoft Excel Worksheet Via Converter" as data sourc

I have a user who used to use Word to merge to very large excel files and
when selecting data source had to select Microsoft Excel Worksheet Via
Converter as datasource type. Since upgrading to Office 2003 we do not have
that option any longer. I have made sure that all filters and converters
are installed. I have also installed the converter pack for 2003 and still
do not have this option.

The reason my user has used this datasource type is it prevents a problem
with very large merges to envelopes messing up the addresses. The merge
goes along fine for so long and then then all of a sudden the city, state and
zip from one of the addresses starts to print on the remaining addresses in
addition to the address that prints. So in other words, we have addresses
that have 2 cities, 2 states and 2 zips.

Example:

Name
Street
Sherburne, NY 13460
Earlville, NY 13332

Splitting these populations up so that the run is shorter each time does not
work. We have tested this with Excel and DDE types for .xls and neither
work. Merging MS Word to .xls spreadsheets. I would welcome any
suggestions on how to deal with this.

We have Windows XP SP2 -- Office 2003 SP1
Joelle Faulks