Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Nicole Nicole is offline

Default applying a background

In Word how can I add background to only one page of multi page document?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrew V Andrew V is offline

A background is merely a shape added to the header in your document. As with
headers, one way to limit the background to one part of the document is by
creating sections. Here's how:

1. Make the target page into a separate section (add section break before
and after).
2. Edit your document headers and ensure the "Same as previous" option is
off, for the header of the target section and the section after it.
3. Add your background/watermark via the Format-Background menu. This will
add backgrounds to all sections.
4. In header/footer mode, delete the picture from every section other than
the target section.

Hope this wasn't too high-level.
Andrew

In Word how can I add background to only one page of multi page document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
RajKohli RajKohli is offline

I will suggest you to Insert the picture instead using Header. Click Insert -
Picture - From File. Select the Picture - from Picture toolbar - click Wrap
Text button and choose Behind Text.

Hope this help, let us know!

In Word how can I add background to only one page of multi page document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You don't need to create sections for a one-off, simply draw a rectangular
autoshape to fill the page in question. Fill it with a background of your
choice and set it behind text. Note that most printers will not print to the
edge of the paper.

"Nicole" wrote:

In Word how can I add background to only one page of multi page
document?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrew V Andrew V is offline

The way the others mentioned is definitely simpler! Hats off to them. I
prefer the method I gave mainly because in my work I happen to deal with
unique backgrounds per multi-page section. Plus adding a picture to the
header means I don't accidentally manipulate the picture whilst editing the
main document text.

Andrew

"Nicole" wrote:

In Word how can I add background to only one page of multi page document?

Applying a background colour to styles for selected text only Denise Freiburger Microsoft Word Help 8 September 1st 06 12:45 AM
strange background SP New Users 2 June 2nd 06 10:05 PM
Anemic background application appearance Mark Davila Microsoft Word Help 3 December 30th 05 05:30 PM
cell's background color not printed correctly [email protected] Tables 2 December 19th 05 12:44 PM
Document Background Not Printed MATT Microsoft Word Help 4 May 5th 05 06:21 PM