Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Andrew C Andrew C is offline

Default How do I get spell check to work in Word 2007

I am having problems with spell checker in Word 2007. Brand new docs seem to
work OK but I have copied some text from an old doc and spell check says ok
when there are still errors. Sometimes get a messge which is something like
"text and grammar marked has not been checked".

Any suggestions please?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

In order for text to be spell checked, it has to have a proofing language
applied for which you have a dictionary installed and not be marked with the
do not check spelling flag. Select the text then double click the language
button in the status bar at the bottom of your Word screen to activate the
language dialog (or set language from the Review tab of the ribbon)

Andrew C wrote:
I am having problems with spell checker in Word 2007. Brand new docs
seem to work OK but I have copied some text from an old doc and spell
check says ok when there are still errors. Sometimes get a messge
which is something like "text and grammar marked has not been
checked".

Any suggestions please?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

The error message you describe tells you that text marked "Do not check
spelling or grammar" was not checked. To remedy this, Ctrl+A to select the
entire document (body only--this won't affect headers/footers), and on the
Review tab choose Proofing | Set Language. Make sure an appropriate language
is selected and that the box for "Do not check spelling or grammar" is
entirely clear.