Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
caroljeanb caroljeanb is offline

Default Why does the text suddenly appear too tiny to see with font 12pt

All of a sudden, my text on the screen appears very tiny, too tiny to see,
although the font box says that the font size is 12 pts.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Sounds like your zoom has changed. You don't say what version of Word you're
using, but in Word 2003, the Zoom is on the Standard toolbar. Set it back to
100% and see if that doesn't fix the problem.

If it doesn't, the problem might be that somehow you've set the font to
either superscript or subscript. Check Format - Font to see if one of those
has happened.

I hope this helps.

Fred

"caroljeanb" wrote:

All of a sudden, my text on the screen appears very tiny, too tiny to see,
although the font box says that the font size is 12 pts.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
caroljeanb caroljeanb is offline

Default Why does the text suddenly appear too tiny to see with font 12

Thanks so much. That was exactly it! I finally found the "zoom" after
clicking on one of the arrows that points to additonal icons not shown in the
toolbar. And the zoom was on 30%. I changed it to 100% and eveything is back
to normal. Thanks again!

"caroljeanb" wrote:

All of a sudden, my text on the screen appears very tiny, too tiny to see,
although the font box says that the font size is 12 pts.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus[_2_] Opinicus[_2_] is offline

"caroljeanb" wrote

"Idaho Word Man" wrote:
Sounds like your zoom has changed. You don't say what version of Word
you're
using, but in Word 2003, the Zoom is on the Standard toolbar. Set it back
100% and see if that doesn't fix the problem.

Thanks so much. That was exactly it! I finally found the "zoom" after
clicking on one of the arrows that points to additonal icons not shown in
the
toolbar. And the zoom was on 30%. I changed it to 100% and eveything is
back
to normal. Thanks again!

Since the Zoom box was not immediately visible, I wonder how the OP managed
to change it inadvertently. Is there a keystroke combination that changes
zoom I wonder?

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Holding down the Control key while using the scroll wheel on your mouse will
do it.

Fred

"Opinicus" wrote:

"caroljeanb" wrote

"Idaho Word Man" wrote:
Sounds like your zoom has changed. You don't say what version of Word
you're
using, but in Word 2003, the Zoom is on the Standard toolbar. Set it back
100% and see if that doesn't fix the problem.

Thanks so much. That was exactly it! I finally found the "zoom" after
clicking on one of the arrows that points to additonal icons not shown in
the
toolbar. And the zoom was on 30%. I changed it to 100% and eveything is
back
to normal. Thanks again!

Since the Zoom box was not immediately visible, I wonder how the OP managed
to change it inadvertently. Is there a keystroke combination that changes
zoom I wonder?

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Opinicus[_2_] Opinicus[_2_] is offline

"Idaho Word Man" wrote

Since the Zoom box was not immediately visible, I wonder how the OP
managed
to change it inadvertently. Is there a keystroke combination that changes
zoom I wonder?

Holding down the Control key while using the scroll wheel on your mouse
will
do it.

Testing...

Yes indeed and so it does. My wife hasn't stumbled onto that one yet but if
she does at least now I'll know how she did it.

Thanks for the info.

--
Bob
http://www.kanyak.com