LenH

Default trying to set up postcard and reduce printed area to 5'X5.5' ?

Postcard is 8.5'X5.5' so I am trying to reduce my existing text on 8.5'X11'
to fit and be readable on 1/2 of the back of postcard or approx 4.5' X 5'
which I will then convert to a PDF for printing the cards?
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Not really sure what you are trying to do, but how about leaving your text
as it is and print 4 pages to a sheet. That will reduce your text to fit in
4.25 x 5.5.

Or maybe you should be using Word's label facility.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"LenH" wrote in message
Postcard is 8.5'X5.5' so I am trying to reduce my existing text on
8.5'X11'
to fit and be readable on 1/2 of the back of postcard or approx 4.5' X 5'
which I will then convert to a PDF for printing the cards?

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

As I said, I am not really sure what you are trying to do, especially where
or why the .pdf comes into it.

Are you actually printing directly onto individual cards or do they come in
the form of a label, such as an Avery 3611?

Probably in both cases, you should forget about trying to reduce the text
from 8.5 x 11. Rather, with the former, you should probably define a custom
page size that matches your post cards and then set the left and right
margins so that the text is confined to the area in which you want it to
appear. With the label post card option, you should define the paragraph
indents so that, once again, the text is confined to the area in which you
want it to appear.

If you are using individual cards, are you sure that your printer can handle
them?

--

"LenH" wrote in message
Postcard is 8.5'X5.5' so I am trying to reduce my existing text on
8.5'X11'
to fit and be readable on 1/2 of the back of postcard or approx 4.5' X
5'
which I will then convert to a PDF for printing the cards?

LenH

Thanks for your help. I am trying to set up a Marketing Postcard that after
it is sized properly I will create a PDF file which goes to an on-line
printing company who will produce 1000.s of cards for me. The idea is that on
one side of the card you can only put your message on about 1/2 of the area
since you need the balance to put the clients mailin label and your postage.
The card itself is 8.5'X5.5' so the pring area is about 4.25'X5.5' or so. The
4.25 could probably go to 5'. The message is set up on a std 8.5'X11' so I am
trying to create this to fit but also be able to read. Thanks for your imput
I am not a Word pro as you can tell.