Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Default Document Protection and Word Features

Idaho Word Man wrote:
I am intrigued by your mention of "the new protection feature [in Word 2003]
that lets you define areas in your document which are open to changes and
others which are not." I would really like to do that. Where can I learn
more about it? I've searched my help menu, but I must be searching for the
wrong terms, since I haven't found anything yet that sounds like what you're
describing.

There's a new Taskpane "Protect Document" (or it has newer content
compared to Word 2002, I couldn't say) in Word 2003. In step 3, you can
define exceptions to the Formatting or Editing restrictions chosen
before. [I'm sure you'll find all sorts of on- or offline help when
looking for the taskpane's name, now.]

Hmm, for the problem at hand, it probably doesn't help much though, on
second thought: Word won't let you change picture layout as well (you
may change default picture insertion style in Tools | Options | Edit and
you will get what you want then, but that's a global setting IIRC ...).

HTH
Robert
--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | MS